Thursday, May 13, 2010

Home Sweet...What Happened?!

Not a lot of individuals know this about me, but I haven't been a true born Utah Mormon. I was actually born and lived in St. Louis, Missouri until I was 3 years old.

{Technically I lived in O'Fallon, but it is like saying that you are from Salt Lake City when in reality you are from Draper...same thing}.

When we entered into St. Louis it was already dark, but we decided to visit our old home anyways and just....remember things. {Well...I don't remember much}.

Since every car had a walkie talkie we would share stories back and forth of who remembered what and the things we used to do while living here. It was fun to see everything, and to see where the tornado hit that one time when we lived there...stuff like that.

We were super excited to see the house when we entered our narrow street and instead of our beautiful home. We found this.



Our home had been abandoned and has been completely destroyed in the inside. The windows had a notice saying that the property has been ran by the government for over 2 years now.

We were not expecting this.

My family was devastated.

I really don't have too much attachment to the house because I don't remember things. But I do have a picture in my scrapbook of me sitting on the porch with all of our Halloween pumpkins in a row. I ran around looking for Easter Eggs with my Grandma on this lawn. My first steps were taken here. I learned to talk here in this home.

This home held my family. And we loved this house, my mother has told me that this is where our family became our own individual family and how all of our traditions began.

One day we hope for one family who will fix up our home and love it like we did for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment