Halloween was on Sunday this year, so being Utah we celebrated Halloween on Saturday! Since I don't work on the weekends, Jamison and I went up north for three reasons.
1. To visit Grandma Gunn in the hospital. Grandma had suffered from a stroke over a week ago and it has left her paralyzed on the left side of her body. She had had surgery to try and remove the clot from her neck, but it was so large that they have been unable to remove it. Because of the large clot in her neck, it made it so that she had two other clots in her brain so now she can't grasp on to things and she has lost her muscle memory. {She can barely move her head without it hurting her}. I didn't want to regret not being able to see my Grandma during this time if for some reason she wasn't to recover. With a lot of prayers, priesthood blessings, and family support, we hope for a quick and healthy recovery soon!
2. To buy new winter clothing. Jamison, by accident, grabbed the wrong bag of winter clothing that we took to the DI a couple of weeks ago. I went to go put on one of my favorite sweaters on a cold day {I love sweaters!} and the bag that should have contained my favorite clothing contained all of the clothing that should have gone to D.I. meaning that the bag we left at D.I. a few weeks ago had all of my beautiful sweaters! Jamison feels really awful about it, and he doesn't want me to bring this up ever again, but this is my journal and I guess this will be one of those things where I look back on it and laugh...instead of crying! So with my winter clothing lacking, I told him that we needed to go up north so that I won't freeze this winter season!
3. Lastly, to spend some time with my family on Halloween. This is the first Halloween that my family wasn't doing something crazy at our house, namely dancing to Thriller like we usually did. So instead, we decided to go up to Aaron and Nanna's house and watch Jade and Dahlie go trick or treating. We had all forgotten what it was like to go trick or treating and to pass out candy, it was foreign to us! But we had so much fun, Jade and Dahlie were adorable!
Dahlie was a Ladybug! I was lucky to be able to carry her from house to house for quite some time! It was so much fun!
Jade was a tiger! This was the best picture we could get of her, she was playing diva and didn't want her picture taken. Jade was so funny to watch, she would say Rawwwr! at least a million times and then if she wanted to scare us she would go Boo! She was adorable!
And my hair is a mess only because it was so stinking windy outside! I promise, my hair always looks better than this!
I added this picture only because Dahlie's smile is so adorable. She smiles with her entire body!
I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween, I know I did!
No comments:
Post a Comment