Living in Utah you quickly learn how unpredictable the weather can be, for example, this last week the forecast predicted 2" of snow every single afternoon and yet we didn't seem to be getting any snow...just plenty of ugly clouds freezing the earth. Yesterday afternoon came around where the forecast was no longer predicting a snow storm of any kind then the clouds exploded and gave us 6" of snow! Looking for the forecast tonight we have a chance of snow showers and a slight chance of a thunderstorm this evening. Snow and lightning, that should be interesting. Only in Utah.
Just as the weather is unpredictable, our lives and the events that take place during it is unpredictable as well. I feel that life is tagged with the same lines from a forecast report, "a slight chance of rain" "a category 4 hurricane" "hail the size of golf balls" "earthquake!" and my personal favorite "sunshine". Yesterday was one of those days that I came home emotionally exhausted after experiencing what it felt like an earthquake. I never thought I would be prepared to handle the situation that I did.
Being a Resident Assistant I am sometimes caught in situations that I then have to mediate or take control of a specific situation....some being more extreme than others. From this particular situation I had the opportunity to learn another of life's lessons by witnessing it take place with some of my residents. I would like to take a second to share what I learned from them. I learned that life once again is too short and to not take it for granted. I also learned that we should have compassion, love, and respect for those individuals who we either live with, are friends with, or are acquaintances with. Each individual is a person, regardless of their race, and along with them they bring different things and elements into our daily forecasts. I'm proud of the girls and for their new willingness to learn and grow while handling this new situation presented to them. It is never too late to remodel our thinking. So although I had a rough day, the forecast still predicted...
Just as the weather is unpredictable, our lives and the events that take place during it is unpredictable as well. I feel that life is tagged with the same lines from a forecast report, "a slight chance of rain" "a category 4 hurricane" "hail the size of golf balls" "earthquake!" and my personal favorite "sunshine". Yesterday was one of those days that I came home emotionally exhausted after experiencing what it felt like an earthquake. I never thought I would be prepared to handle the situation that I did.
Being a Resident Assistant I am sometimes caught in situations that I then have to mediate or take control of a specific situation....some being more extreme than others. From this particular situation I had the opportunity to learn another of life's lessons by witnessing it take place with some of my residents. I would like to take a second to share what I learned from them. I learned that life once again is too short and to not take it for granted. I also learned that we should have compassion, love, and respect for those individuals who we either live with, are friends with, or are acquaintances with. Each individual is a person, regardless of their race, and along with them they bring different things and elements into our daily forecasts. I'm proud of the girls and for their new willingness to learn and grow while handling this new situation presented to them. It is never too late to remodel our thinking. So although I had a rough day, the forecast still predicted...
a chance of flowers!
I love Jamison, he seems to know when I need a pick-me-up.
The artistic ability you have taking pictures of flowers astounds me! I just want to know what stud gave you those flowers, because those are some DANG good looking flowers :) Love ya.
ReplyDelete