~Lesa Gunn {mom}: This award goes to mom because she is of course...my mom. Although I seem to vent to her {which seems to be daily} about the hard things that I am going through she will always lend me an ear and listen when I need someone to talk to. She is the first person that I go to if I have a life question that needs to be answered, I trust her and love her. I am so grateful that I have her in my life, she has been one of my biggest supports especially since I have been out on my own.
~Glenn Gunn {dad}: This award goes to dad because he is a man who will support you through the thick and thin of things. My Dad has also been a great example of giving selfless service whether it be to fix a neighbor's sprinklers, hand out valentine flowers to the elderly women in my ward annually, or shoveling all of my neighbors walks before he starts on our own. I feel that I have a close relationship with my father and can always count on him to be there.
~Jamison Garner {boyfriend}: I don't know quite what I want to say here, only that he is my other {better} half. He is there in a heart beat for anything and everything I do. {If he could sit in and listen to my RS lessons he would...he's already tried to come and listen to me several times now!} I am grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder that I can call when I am in need. I am proud of the hard work Jamison has put forth in his school and his willingness to try new things with work. Because of everything Jamison does, he is a worthy receiver of this "Golden Duck" award.
~Savanna Sorensen {sister}: Savanna just had her second baby this last week, and for that she receives this award for all of her 'pushing' efforts! {3 pushes! Possible world record maybe?} I am grateful for Nanna, she always has some of the best advice and tries to make everyone around her happy. She is a wonderful example of what a mother should be and from that she has 'inspired' me to maybe try that one day {long long in the future!}.
~Jade Sorensen {niece}: Jade receives this award for just being adorable, watching her run around and talking to her over the phone is enough to make anyone's heart melt. It has been a joy to watch her grow up and hope that one day she'll like me enough to run up and give me a hug. {Pretty much give me the time of day!}.
~Hudson Gunn {brother}: this award goes to Hudson for providing me a job for this summer away from Utah. He is a good example of working hard and being successful although he is sometimes a nerd...and a doof. {I know he won't ever read this...}
~Samantha Jones {roommate}: Sam is an amazing girl and she receives this award for her ability to be a wonderful friend to everyone. She has brought an amazing spirit into our apartment that clearly lacked last semester. She shows compassion to everyone and is a wondeful listener. Sam will be a great family/marriage therapist!
I challenge all blog readers to take a moment and share with several individuals in your life who you feel should recieve the "Golden Duck" award and let them know how you feel. The result in knowing that you have made a change and affected someone's life for the better can change any foggy day into a beautiful one.
No comments:
Post a Comment