That's right, I am back in Orem {only for the weekend though} but for a great reason! I surprised m
y Mom for her 25th birthday! Seriously, my mom just keeps getting younger and younger every year...it's awesome that I have inherited such great genes! {Although it is sometimes embarassing to still be considered a junior in high school, I have to remind myself that I wish that I could still be considered that young. Next time someone mentions that I'll just laugh to myself and think 'oh yeah, I'm a junior...in college!}
It was fun to surprise my mom because she was thoroughly surprised which is rare, my mom is never surprised about anything. She hates surprises. Having talked with Austin before we decided to take Mom out to th 6:50 showing of Sherlock Holmes where Paige would buy Mom's ticket, I bought drinks and Austin bought the popcorn. Sherlock Holmes was surprisingly funny and I enjoyed it quite much and in fact, I plan on watching it again with Jamison because I know that he would like to see it too. My dad wasn't there with us only because he accidently scheduled boy scouts on top of mom's birthday and Cierra wasn't feeling good to go. We missed not having them there, it was fun!
Having popcorn being our 'nutritious' dinner mom gave me money to go out and buy a Macho Nacho at Del Taco for us to share after the movie was finished. Paige and I had fun going through the drive thru several times...only because Austin decided he wanted to eat something after we had ordered our food. I felt so stupid going through again, I was tempted to use a spanish accent but couldn't bring myself to do it the second time through. Ultimately it was a wonderful time and I hope my mother enjoyed her birthday as much as I did. Happy Birthday Mom!
{Card I made for Mom, and yes I am extremely talented at making cards in fact, I'm pro.}
*Credit to Jamison, he cut out the squares*
P.S. I only call Orem the Land Of Many Cars just to make fun of my roommate Kandace. She is nervous to move up to Orem and go to school at UVU just because of the large amount of cars. I still laugh at the thought that she was nervous when she went to SUU by the large amount of cars there...oh dear. I am not meant to be a small town gal.
i love it...i was laughing at the title, when i saw cause i knew why you called it that and than when i read your description of it i had to laugh even more :)
ReplyDeleteIn my defense, I AM a small town girl!And I DON'T know how to handle the city life...yet! But it WILL come. Just have patience. haha
ReplyDelete