Monday, March 29, 2010

365 days~What a Journey.

Today, is Jamison and I's first anniversary {of dating each other} and boy what an adventure it has been! One year that I hope to never forget, we spent some great times together.

How did Jamison and I first meet?

I happened to be writing a journal the time I started dating Jamison, I will let my first journal entry of Jamison tell the story for this blog entry.

March 29, 2009

Last night I went on a date with Jamison Garner which I absolutely loved! In fact, I’m giddy at the thought of seeing him tonight because I really do like him. What I think is so funny about our date together is that his Dad, Mom and both sisters have wanted me to date Jamison for the longest time now. Jamison’s dad is Brother Garner, my council advisor at the Institute, Sister Garner, I worked with her once cooking spaghetti at the Institute, his older sister Lindsay is on executive council and I’m thinking about moving in with Taylor next semester who is his little sister. I practically know his entire family and yet I have never been able to meet him. I won’t lie, I was really nervous to go out on this date because I was embarrassed by how much I really didn’t know him…

So at the time of the date he picked me up for dinner, which was at Applebee’s, and I had the easiest time talking with him. What is really weird is how many things the both of us have in common which made it really easy to talk to him. {Such as our preferences in movies in that I don’t like chick flicks and horror films and oddly enough something about toothbrushes...}

After dinner we went out to Three Peaks and started a bonfire where the rest of his friends joined us. We were technically still on a date even though no one else there was on a date. There were so many stars it was beautiful! I love Jamison’s smile which he did a lot of around me, he is so funny and I was constantly laughing at his jokes. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Austin because sometimes you laugh more at him then you do at the actual joke. I bet sitting through movies with Jamison is really funny! At the bonfire Jamison was sweet enough to explain to me all of the side stories that were going on so that I wouldn’t be so confused with all of his friend’s inside jokes. I thought it was really nice of him so that I felt included and not absolutely lost and feel left out. Although it was nice to have him around me super close it wasn’t absolutely necessary, on the date I was able to show that I could hold a conversation with others around the fire and still be enjoying myself. But for him to stand there next to me took a lot of patience I think, not very many people would have the patience to do that so it was nice to see him act that way around me.

At the end of the night we were touching arms we were standing so close. I won’t lie if he would have grabbed my hand and held onto it I wouldn’t have minded. He was such a perfect gentleman and there wasn’t one part during the night that I was uncomfortable. He opened all of my doors which was nice, no one ever does that anymore! When it came time to say goodbye I didn’t hug him good night or anything because we were still in the car and he didn’t get out. But he did grab my arm, I wish that I could have done it better though and do a redo but I can’t sadly enough. Hopefully I can make up for it the next time I seem him and that it won't be too awkward! Keep them crossed!

Picture that was taken on our very first date at the bonfire~I love how happy we look!

No comments:

Post a Comment