"Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them."~Jennifer James
This is me!I have been caught and it's now time that I walk away.
I've cheated my self-value.
And I'm done with it.
For a long time now I have found myself 'caught' up in comparing every aspect of my life to another girl that I have known for quite some time now. And through this entry this will be my way of declaring to every one that I am no longer allowing myself to be under her shadow.
I don't have to be a model or an aspiring photographer to be successful and be the most 'amazing' person who has ever walked on this planet. Nor do I have to flaunt to the world that I have the perfect life and best relationship any one could ever ask for. I do not have to be rich, and have everything thrown at me since I came out of the womb to be happy.
I am Auburn.
I have an awesome job being an RA that never has a dull moment.
I am busting my hump to one day be an upscale General Manager for a prestigous resort.
I have an amazing family that loves and cares for me.
I have my own unique and sense of style.
I have learned the value of work and what it means to be independent.
I am in love with a wonderful man and he is all I could ever want.
Why do I envy her? My life is perfect.
Good bye envy.
Hello dear Auburn. I appreciate your honesty and hope that you know how much I look up to you as a good friend. You are a wonderful woman, Jamison is a lucky man. I hope all your days are stupacular.
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
Shawn